What It Is
P90X is exactly what you think it is- a really intense, 90
day program that will get you in the best shape of your life, if you follow it
correctly. But it is more than just a
get big or your money back type of program- it is the first 90 days of a
healthy lifestyle that you can continue indefinitely. You do not just stop working out or eating
good after completing this program, or you would be back to how you were before
in no time. This program was created by
Tony Horton and is marketed by Beach Body.
Beach Body has been around for years, and is a legitimate organization
that markets products whose aim is to help mold a healthier you. After doing a couple of their programs
myself, I would recommend them to anybody, whether your in good shape, or not
in shape. If you have always been
healthy, this is a great way to mix things up and keep the trend going, and if
not it is a great way to start. The
program comes with 12 cd workouts, along with a comprehensive meal plan that is
easy to follow. Getting started is
really as easy as ordering the program and following the instructions it gives
you.
What It Is Not
This is not a “get fit with
little or no effort” type plan. Buying the
program does not guarantee that you will get in great shape- you need to put
the work in. You need to dedicate about
an hour and a half a day to working out, and dedicate yourself to following the
meal plan. This is not an easy
button. That being said, this program is
not a scam either. If you follow it, you
will see results. In 3 months, I gained
about 7 pounds of muscle, while losing about double that in fat. I can personal say that it works, and that
you should try it! One more note though-
P90X is not a way for you to get “jacked or huge”. You will gain a good amount of muscle, and
lose a lot of weight, but if you really want to pack on a ton of muscle you
should look into a structured weight lifting routine, or Beach Bodies new “Body
Beast” program. What you will get from
P90X is weight loss, toned muscles, and great general health.
Who is Tony Horton
If you’re thinking about trying P90X
out, you will want to know about its creator for sure. Tony Horton is a very experienced fitness
guru who started off his career by training at the world gym in Venice
California. He has created P90X, P90X+,
and P90X one on one training with Tony Horton.
He also has a book out titled “Bring It”, his famous P90X catch
phrase. He also has a list of celebrity
clients, including Bruce Springsteen.
Basically, he knows what he is talking about. He will keep you super motivated throughout
P90X, and if you do everything he says you really can’t go wrong. Listen to
him.
What Results Can I Expect
Expect to slim down tremendously while gaining a little
muscle. As I said earlier, I only gained
maybe seven pounds of muscle- but lost about twenty pounds in fat. After completing two cycles of P90X, I was
ready to hit the beach! My arms look incredible, legs were slim, toned and
muscular, and even though I did not exactly have abs, they are getting
there. Truthfully I did not follow the
diet plan to a T. I ate a lot more
calories than was recommended throughout the whole program, and I still had
great results. So I know anyone who
follows the diet plan will see even better results (aka probably have abs…
unlike me). Physical appearance was only
half the benefit I achieved though, my heightened energy level was probably
worth even more than my appearance. I have ten times more energy than I did
when I started. This could be attributed
to more muscle, less fat, a healthier diet, etc but the bottom line is this
program does wonders for your energy level and mindset. You will find yourself thinking “if I can do
P90X, what else can I do?” a lot. I know
I do. It really helps you to stay on the
positive side of life. Essentially if
you do this program you will be able to run faster, lift more, jump higher, and
look great while doing it.
Ease of Use
Let me clarify what I mean by this-
P90X is not easy by any stretch of the word, but it is very easy to start
doing. It only cost $120- while this may
seem like a fair amount, when you compare it to the cost of going to a gym for
3 months it is quite a bargain. You do
not need that much equipment either, just basic free weights, a pull up bar,
and a yoga mat. A good pair of running
shoes would also be recommended for the cardio routines, to avoid injury. Once you have the Cds, and all the equipment set
up, all you have to do is pop in whichever workout you are doing that day and follow
Tony. Another great thing about this program
is that anyone, from a beginner to someone who avidly works out, can do
it. You just go at your own pace.
How It Is Set Up
Basically you stick to one schedule for three weeks, have a
rest week, then switch to the alternate schedule after the rest week. For example the first week is
Day 1: Chest
and Back
Day 2:
Plyometrics
Day 3: Arms
and Shoulders
Day 4: Yoga
X
Day 5: Legs
and Back
Day 6: Kenpo
X
Day 7: Rest
or Stretch
Followed by
the rest week, which is core synergistics and yoga twice, x stretch once, and
kenpo once. After that weeks 5-7 goes:
Day 1: Chest
Shoulders and Triceps
Day 2:
Plyometrics
Day 3: Back
and Biceps
Day 4: Yoga
X
Day 5: Legs
and Back
Day 6: Kenpo
X
Day 7: Rest
or Stretch
Every week
is three weight lifting days with 2 cardio days, yoga, and a rest day. You also do the ab routine, Ab Ripper X,
after each weight training routine.
There is a calendar included with the program, and if you lose it or get
confused you can look up a schedule online.
Conclusion
This program is the way to go if you want to
get in great shape and feel great about yourself. Give it a try-you have
nothing to lose except weight!
No comments:
Post a Comment